The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) helps keep CSKT enrolled & 1st descendant families safe and healthy through initiatives that assist families with energy costs. We provide federally funded assistance in managing costs associated with:
- Home energy bills
- Energy crises
- Weatherization and energy-related minor home repairs
LIHEAP can help you stay warm in the winter and cool in the summer through programs that reduce the risk of health and safety problems that arise from unsafe heating and cooling practices.
The following documents are required for your application to be complete:
- Proof of all monthly gross income for all household members regardless of age or relationship (i.e. wage stub, food stamp verification, school funding, workman's comp, unemployment, TANF, GA, WIA, self-employment, contract income, foster care).
- Copy of your past year taxes.
- Your current award letter if receiving Social Security, SSI, SSD, Retirement, Veterans Benefits.
- Copy of your bank statement.
- Most recent bill from Mission Valley Power. Please wait until your credit is below $100 before you submit your application.
- Your most recent bill/invoice from your oil, gas or propane vendor.
- Copy of your enrollment verification and/or enrollment card.
- Proof of residency if MVP bill is not in your name.
- Birth Certificates for all household members.
- Social Security Cards for all household members.
MODEL PLAN REVISED.pdf
Popular 10.92 MB 14
Application Non Elder.pdf
Popular 2.99 MB
2021 Elder Application.pdf
Popular 2.45 MB
- YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR HEATING COSTS UNTIL YOUR LIHEAP FUNDS ARE POSTED TO YOUR HEATING VENDOR ACCOUNTS.
- PLEASE BUDGET IN ORDER TO PAY YOUR HEATING BILL.
- FUTURE EMERGENCY CRISIS FUNDING WHEN AVAILABLE, MAY ONLY BE UTILIZED ONCE PER FISCAL YEAR FOR HEATING OR COOLING VENDOR PAYMENT, SUCH AS A LIGHT BILL WITH A SHUT OFF NOTICE (OR) PROPANE/FUEL/WOOD DELIVERY AND ONCE PER FISCAL YEAR FOR REPAIRS OF HEATING/COOLING SOURCE.
- LIHEAP IS A SUPPLEMENTAL PROGRAM AND IS NOT DESIGNED TO PAY YOUR ENTIRE HEATING AND/OR COOLING COSTS.
- PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT THE LIHEAP OFFICE HAS MOVED TO THE ELDER SERVICES BUILDING LOCATED ACROSS FROM THE PABLO POST OFFICE, 36521 FELSMAN STREET.
- PLEASE NOTE THAT WE HAVE TWENTY (20) BUSINESS DAYS (HOLIDAYS NOT INCLUDED) TO PROCESS YOUR APPLICATION WHICH IS UP TO FIVE (5) WEEKS OR MORE. WE WORK DILLIGENTLY TO PROCESS YOUR APPLICATION AS QUICKLY AND ACCURATELY AS POSSIBLE.
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR PATIENCE.