The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) helps keep CSKT enrolled & 1st descendant families safe and healthy through initiatives that assist families with energy costs. We provide federally funded assistance in managing costs associated with:
- Home energy bills
- Energy crises
- Weatherization and energy-related minor home repairs
LIHEAP can help you stay warm in the winter and cool in the summer through programs that reduce the risk of health and safety problems that arise from unsafe heating and cooling practices.
The following documents are required for your application to be complete:
- Proof of all monthly gross income for all household members regardless of age or relationship (i.e. wage stub, food stamp verification, school funding, workman's comp, unemployment, TANF, GA, WIA, self-employment, contract income, foster care).
- Copy of your past year taxes.
- Your current award letter if receiving Social Security, SSI, SSD, Retirement, Veterans Benefits.
- Copy of your bank statement.
- Most recent bill from Mission Valley Power. Please wait until your credit is below $100 before you submit your application.
- Your most recent bill/invoice from your oil, gas or propane vendor.
- Copy of your enrollment verification and/or enrollment card.
- Proof of residency if MVP bill is not in your name.