Home Visiting is a way to provide families the opportunity to improve child health, and the overall health for Native American families.
We do this by using a culturally relevant evidenced based home visiting program that is based on our community needs assessment we will be able to:
- Improve parent and other caregiver’s knowledge about how their actions affect child development
- Improve school readiness and achievement.
- Expand the coordination and referrals for other community resources and supports
- Provide developmental and behavioral screenings for children
- Promote prenatal care and decrease
- low-term low birth weight babies
- Increase immunization and well-baby checks
- Reduce child maltreatment, abuse and neglect, and domestic violence